The City of Apache Junction is taking measures to protect its residents and help combat the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, the Library is following the recommendations of the federal government by limiting social gatherings amidst COVID-19 concerns, and is closed until further notice.
To continue meeting the needs of our community during the interruption, we’re offering modified services and promoting online resources. As the situation around COVID-19 evolves, we will continually reassess our plans.
The Media Bank remains open, and we encourage you to check out our many virtual resources, such as e-books, music, video, and audiobooks at: https://www.ajpl.org/.
You can check your account, renew items, and search our catalog online. Need help downloading e-materials? Call (480) 474-8555, and ask for a computer assistant to help you with the process.
Due dates have been extended during the closure
- All due dates for checked out items are extended to May 1, 2020. The book drops remain open and are located near the main entrance and a drive thru drop located in the west parking lot.
Your items on hold are available for pickup
- Your requested items will remain on the shelf and be ready for pick up from the drive up window located in the west parking lot. Have your library card ready for checkout. For your safety, we can only assist patrons in vehicles, not on foot.
- Item hold limits have increased to 12, with Easy Access cards limited to 6 items on hold. If you placed items on hold before we closed, you can pick them up at the drive-up window. Please make sure you have your library card when you come to pick items up.
Interlibrary loan service suspended
- Interlibrary loan service has been suspended until further notice. Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed. You may return interlibrary loan items in the book drop. There will be no late fees. Any cancelled requests can be resubmitted once service is resumed.
Get Tax Help online
- United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that offers personal support if needed: getyourrefund.org
- You can also visit IRS.gov for free federal tax-preparation-and-filing software.
- Arizona Department of Revenue lists free tax state tax-preparation-and-filing software.
Visit our website: https://www.ajpl.org/, or call (480) 474-8555 for additional information and further updates. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.