Volunteer Tax Assistance
ALL TAX APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL. WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING APPOINTMENTS WITH AARP FOR TAX PREPARATION.
- Come to the library before your appointment to pick up the paperwork that needs to be filled out
- Be 5 minutes early
- Bring to the appointment:
- Completed paperwork from the library
- Last year’s taxes
- Photo ID
- Social Security card(s)
- Wear a mask and socially distance
After the appointment:
- Taxes will be completed remotely
- AARP will be in contact via phone with updates, questions, etc.
- AARP will make another appointment to review taxes before they are submitted electronically
The following organizations may also be contacted for tax help:
Reservation Process: Call for an appointment. You must have Internet access, a smartphone, and the ability to take a digital picture.
Get Tax Help online
- United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that offers personal support if needed: getyourrefund.org
- You can also visit IRS.gov for free tax-preparation-and-filing software.
- Arizona Department of Revenuelists free tax state tax-preparation-and-filing software.
Federal Tax Forms
Forms – 1.800.829.3676
Tax Help – 1.800.829.1040
Mesa IRS Office
1818 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Arizona State Tax Forms
Forms & Help
East Valley Office
1840 S Mesa Dr, Bldg#1352, Mesa, AZ 85210
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8 a.m.-5 p.m.