AARP Tax Aide appointment sign ups are full. If you have an appointment, read below for your intake packet and what to expect.
If you need an appointment, see these links below:
Information from our AARP Volunteers
What to Expect
You will sit with the tax preparer while your taxes are being prepared. Tax returns for Arizona residents will be completed during your visit. Tax returns for residents of other states will require a return visit a week later to finish the return. You will be asked to sign the completed tax return before we can send it to the IRS.
What to Bring
- Photo identification for all taxpayers
- Social Security numbers for all individuals listed on the return
- A completed Federal Intake Form (13614), available in the library or online soon
- All tax documents you have received
- Itemized expenses if applicable (married filing jointly greater than $27,700 or single greater than $13,850)
- Last year’s tax return
Get Tax Help Online
- United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that offers personal support if needed: getyourrefund.org
- United Way also suggests https://myfreetaxes.com/ to help people file their federal and state taxes for free.
- You can also visit IRS.gov for free tax-preparation-and-filing software.
- Arizona Department of Revenue lists free tax state tax-preparation-and-filing software.
Federal Tax Forms
Arizona State Tax Forms
East Valley Office
55 N. Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8 AM – 5 PM