Gregory McNamee | Website
Writer, journalist, editor, photographer and publisher, Gregory McNamee, was Apache Junction Public Library’s newest Writer in Residence for Spring 2022. McNamee is the author or title-page editor of forty books and more than 7,500 periodical publications, including articles, essays, reviews, interviews, editorials, poems, and short stories. His books include Tortillas, Tiswin, and T-Bones: A Food History of the Southwest and Gila: The Life and Death of an American River, both Southwest Books of the Year.
During his time as our Writer in Residence, McNamee presented three workshops and worked with community members in half-hour virtual sessions to develop their writing abilities and confidence.
To see Gregory’s past presentation, “Arizona in Literature,” from our Writers in Their Own Residences series click here.
Greg has also hosted numerous vlogs on our Writer in Residence Facebook group sharing writing tips and encouragement. View them below:
- Greg’s Introduction Vlog (February 3, 2022)
- How Telling Stories Makes Us Human (February 14, 2022)
- Choosing the “Right Words” (March 2, 2022)
- Writing About Shame & Guilt (March 9, 2022)
- The Nature of Fact (March 24, 2022)
- Writing Obituaries (April 11, 2022)
- Writing Prompts (April 18, 2022)
- Rules on Writing from Dutch Leonard (April 25, 2022)